- New fighting in Rwanda. Bernard Kouchner who is there spoke yesterday [May 15] of a veritable genocide. The figure of 500,000 dead is now being quoted!
- For thousands of refugees hope is dwindling. The example of two nuns settled in the center of the country who are trying to cope with the situation.
- It is a place so far spared in Rwanda. A retreat held by two nuns, a Swiss and a French where the Tutsi, who had the chance to escape the murderous fury of the Hutu militiamen, come to take refuge, exhausted. The danger persists but the Sisters have remained.
- The European nuns are assisted by Rwandan Sisters, essentially Tutsi like the majority of the local clergy. Each exit to redistribute the little food or medicine available can cost them their lives.
- Drinking water is running out, cholera threatens and refugees continue to arrive. But the Red Cross was finally able to set up a surgical unit here, the only one in the region.