François Léotard est arrivé ce matin au Rwanda accompagné de Lucette Michaux-Chevry. Ils vont ensemble visiter les camps de réfugiés et puis aller à la rencontre des forces militaires de l'opération Turquoise. Les forces françaises ont découvert des Tutsi qui se cachent dans la forêt. Pour les secourir, il faudrait que les soldats pénètrent à l'intérieur des bois, une opération qui peut être périlleuse
- François Léotard arrived in Rwanda this morning accompanied by Lucette Michaux-Chevry. Together they will visit the refugee camps and then meet the military forces of Operation Turquoise.
- General Lafourcade, who commands the French forces, met for an hour with the Minister of Defense to inform him of the progress of the operation. As for Lucette Michaux-Chevry, she came to supervise the humanitarian aid unit which was set up today.
- French forces have discovered Tutsi hiding in the forest. To rescue them, the soldiers would have to enter the woods, an operation that can be perilous.
- Every day the French forces approach a little closer to the territory controlled by the Rwandan Patriotic Front, which is still hostile to French intervention. Even in the Hutu zone, that is to say in a friendly zone, they take all the necessary precautions.
- In Kibuye, French soldiers yesterday witnessed clashes between the RPF and the Rwandan Armed Forces. They also discovered many mass graves.
- The special forces of Operation Turquoise continue to arrive every day in Zaire, waiting to be transported to their position in Rwanda.
- The hour of truth will surely soon strike for Operation Turquoise. The longer the French stay, the more they risk meeting the RPF men who have sworn to attack them.