- In Rwanda, as the humanitarian airlift began to rescue the hundreds of thousands of refugees on the Zaire border, heavy mortar and automatic weapon fighting took place this afternoon near the town of Goma, causing real panic. Several dozen refugees were trampled. There are said to be several dozen dead.
- On the road to Goma, the debacle is total. Civilians are not alone, almost all the Rwandan army is on the run. Most of the weapons are empty, but some soldiers still have ammunition that the Zairians are confiscating.
- The last battle of Rwanda is played without glory in Gisenyi: once the city is taken, the whole country -- except the French zone -- will be in the hands of the Rwandan Patriotic Front. But his victory is expensive, in distress and human lives.
- 10 people were killed this evening at Goma airport, the base of the French humanitarian operation Turquoise. These are Rwandan refugees who fell under mortar fire at the end of the afternoon. On the other hand, a French officer was wounded but his life is not in danger, it is said to the communication service of the armies which speaks of a stray bullet.
- A clash between French soldiers and forces of the Rwandan Patriotic Front took place this evening not far from the town of Kibuye. There are no casualties in the French ranks. A few moments ago, the RPF threatened to invade the protection zone set up by France.