- In Rwanda a new scourge that the French soldiers and humanitarian organizations must fight against: the looting of food aid. It is the Zairian soldiers who steal food and medicine.
- The US government says it is ready to airlift Ethiopian and Zambian soldiers to relieve French troops. However, with less than three weeks from the deadline, on the spot, the soldiers of Operation Turquoise doubt that the schedule will be respected.
- Today, near Cyangugu, the French legionaries continued to maintain order in the south of the Turquoise zone. They intervened against looting, recovered weapons, especially those of the former government forces whose last elements were fleeing by bus, in Zaire. The routine of Operation Turquoise.
- But the next relief of these French by UNAMIR soldiers worries many displaced Hutu. Even the Tutsi in Nyarushishi camp fear disorder and revenge. 200,000 Rwandans have fled to Zaire for weeks. What will the million do soon in the Turquoise zone?
- There are hundreds of thousands of refugees who could soon flee to Zaire when the French leave the Safe Humanitarian Zone. This is what the refugees say, this is what humanitarian organizations fear, this is what certain soldiers in the field admit. A massive exodus like the one from Goma.
- Against this catastrophic scenario, the French are organizing the transition with UNAMIR. Lieutenant-Colonel Jacques Hogard: "We are doing everything to prepare for the transition, to make it as flexible as possible, as smooth as possible. So there is a kind of work to secure and persuade people. Tell them that the The road to exile at all costs and in appalling conditions, as we saw in Goma, is certainly not the best solution in the long term".