- Marine Jacquemin: There would be around 400 to 500,000 dead! It's entirely possible. When we walk around the towns we have passed through, there are mass graves everywhere!
- Jean-Pierre Pernaut: Everywhere on all the roads, thousands of people fleeing everywhere in all directions?
- Marine Jacquemin: Yes, they don't know where to go! There, currently, it is the Hutus who are fleeing Kigali because there have been so many massacres committed by the Hutus that the advance of the predominantly Tutsi RPF forces is driving the Hutus away who are now afraid of counter-massacres.
- Jean-Pierre Pernaut: So everyone is actually killing everyone? It kills in all directions?
- Marine Jacquemin: In other words, it is clear, clean and precise that the Hutus massacred under the influence of these militias. Now on the RPF side, the first testimonies we have also report massacres.
- Jean-Pierre Pernaut: For years, you have been going all over the world for TF1. Have you ever seen such tension elsewhere?
- Marine Jacquemin: No, no. I have never seen such a horror. Never never. We are afraid every moment. Even we were very scared. Well it seems that France is still the friendly country, side government forces. Which obviously saved our lives at each dam. Each time the question arose: "Are you Belgian or are you French?". The guns were pointed at our stomachs and they were ready to draw straight away. Luck wanted us to be French.