Depuis la mort des Présidents rwandais et burundais, les combats ont redoublé de violence entre les deux ethnies, hutu et tutsi. Il y aurait plus de 400 cadavres entreposés à la morgue de l'hôpital de Kigali. Deux Français ont été tués vendredi [8 avril]
- War situation tonight in Rwanda. The International Committee of the Red Cross speaks of thousands of victims. Western embassies in Kigali are finalizing evacuation plans for their nationals.
- More than 1,000 dead in a few days according to the International Committee of the Red Cross. The situation in Rwanda is getting dramatically worse. Since the death of the Rwandan and Burundian Presidents, the fighting has redoubled in violence between the two ethnic groups, Hutu and Tutsi. According to the ICRC official in the country, there are more than 400 corpses stored in the morgue of Kigali hospital.
- The head of the Belgian blue helmets, on the spot, reported during the night of a truce between the belligerents. A truce which, according to a French national contacted by telephone, turns out to be very feverish. A French resident: "We have the impression that there are uncontrolled elements among the soldiers who take advantage of the situation to take revenge on themselves. Even in the village where we live, there is a Rwandan family who was a refugee and was completely massacred. In two minutes".
- About 17 families of French aid workers have gathered in this village near Kigali, without any particular protection.
- Two Frenchmen were killed on Friday [April 8].
- Belgium and the United States have for their part mentioned a possible evacuation of their nationals. Just like the UN, which has just considered repatriating all its staff stationed in Rwanda.