- More than 100,000 refugees have fled the Rwandan capital. At the same time, 20,000 soldiers of the Patriotic Front invaded the city and are currently fighting the government forces.
- A Rwandan psychiatric hospital where foreign nationals were hiding was evacuated by the Belgian army.
- This column of Belgian soldiers came to save 18 foreign nationals taking refuge north of Kigali. In a psychiatric hospital besieged since the day before by Hutu bands, the soldiers will discover the daily horror of this war. A black man calls out to a Belgian soldier: "For three days, there have already been corpses in there! There are a lot of wounded! There are 300 people, men, women, old people…".
- Hands raised in sign of peace, 500 members of the Tutsi ethnic group ask for help. In vain. The Belgian soldiers will only accomplish their mission: only the 18 foreigners will be evacuated, shocked.
- One of the whites later confessed: this evacuation meant death for most of the Tutsi who remained there. Because this is the content of the message that the Rwandan belligerents sent to the foreign soldiers: everyone must be gone within 48 hours. Afterwards, they will settle their accounts between them.
- Already 20,000 soldiers of the Rwandan Patriotic Front have entered Kigali. Fighting intensifies around the airport. The Tutsi, on the verge of taking power, would wait for the last foreigners to leave to make the final assault.