Au bord des routes et des pistes, on continue d'apercevoir des corps lynchés aux côtés desquels se tiennent les meurtriers probables, haches et machettes à la main.
- The Quai d'Orsay confirmed earlier the closure of the French Embassy. Almost all of the French are now evacuated. But on the spot the fighting continues, they have already made thousands of deaths. And we fear a new bloodbath: the rebels this morning were preparing to return to Kigali.
- The French embassy in Kigali has closed its doors and the ambassador left the Rwandan capital early this morning.
- All this gives an impression of the beginning of an apocalypse, especially as at the side of the roads and tracks, we continue to see lynched bodies alongside which the probable murderers stand, axes and machetes in hand.
- The evacuation of the Belgians is also continuing, there were 1,500 in Kigali. 400 arrived in Brussels this morning, 400 more will be repatriated in the afternoon.
- At Roissy, 205 people arrived overnight. All of them tell of the terrible scenes they have lived through for the past five days. Yesterday, the Red Cross also took care of 80 orphans evacuated during the night.