La violence toujours au Rwanda : les rebelles resserrent leur étau sur la capitale Kigali. Combats dans les rues, tueries, pillages
Les derniers Occidentaux, pour échapper au pire, ont tous été évacués par les militaires français et belges.
- Violence still in Rwanda: the rebels are tightening their grip on the capital Kigali. Fighting in the streets, killings, looting.
- Here are the only images of the entry into town of the rebels of the Rwandan Patriotic Front, with a Tutsi majority. More than 4,000 well-armed men who want to restore order in Kigali and who demand, in order to carry out their mission, the departure of all Western soldiers.
- Suffice to say that today everything is in place for us to witness a real bloodbath. Especially since the last Westerners, to escape the worst, were all evacuated by French and Belgian soldiers at high speed.
- Even the French ambassador and all his staff preferred to flee. As for the French troops, if they still control the airport, they should withdraw in the days to come. Finally the Rwandan government, much more than threatened, took refuge on the outskirts of Kigali.
- Almost no more witnesses so in Rwanda, it's easier. This morning, fighting resumed in the capital, heavy artillery fighting. While in indifference the massacres also continue.